About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

New year!

So there is a lot to look forward to this year! The Titanic series should be out soon, great new host of movies to watch and hopefully this will be a good year for my career!

I don't really have many new years resolutions, but one of them is definitely to start working out again as I think in this business having a good healthy body and healthy skin is half the battle! I have also promised myself to practice my accents and try and learn new ones and get even more comfortable with the old ones!!

So the accents i need to master this year include: cork, northern irish, galway (general west of ireland) and dublin. This is because I'm pretty shite at the irish accents in general, even though i speak with a southern Irish accent/ south african twinge! I am not at all good at the west of ireland accent so I plan to try out the galway accent as much as I can!! Therefore, I'll be reading many monologues and parts of Martin McDonagh's plays!!

For the cork accent I'll be reading The Playboy of The Western World by Synge, so that I can understand more about the accent and how it's supposed to sound, also I'll re-read one of my favorite plays, Disco Pigs by Enda Walsh (amazing!!) to get more of the rich cork accent as it's written phonetically.

For the northern Irish accent I'll be taking a look at "Breakfast on Pluto" and "Mickeybo and Me" two amazing films with very heavy northern Irish accents!

also I'm going to try on the English accents, the county specific accents, such as essex and cornwall and devon and RP. This I'll do by surfing the net and talking to my english mates about their ideas about what other areas of england sound like. x


I'm also currently in a play in dramsoc already called Motortown which has me as a 14-16 year old girl from Essex who is kidnapped and tortured and killed. I am so excited to play this role as I have never portrayed fear on stage and so i'm looking forward to exploring that to the very depths of my character!

I'll let you guys know more as the rest of 2012 happens! For now I hope you all had a lovely christmas and a great new year!! x



No comments:

Post a Comment