About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Morning all!

Good morning!

As you can see that the previous posts were about food, what to make and where to eat. This is because between my busy schedule I don't have a lot of time to make extravagant meals, and on a student's budget  I can't afford them either. So if i find any good recipes or any great cheap places to eat in Dublin City I shall post it here.

So a bit about me. I was born in South Africa and I moved to Wexford, Ireland when I was 10 years old. Ireland was where I fell in love with acting and drama (although I was a rather dramatic child!) and I joined Red Moon Youth Ensemble. I was a member with them for a few years before moving on to County Wexford Youth Theatre where I stayed and played for 5 years. When I started college I found myself attending the youth theatre less and less due to the workload, but now I return occasionally to teach and assist and to have fun. I mainly help with the newer youth members or the younger members. I loved being in Youth Theatre because I found it challenged and matured me and it's where I made lifelong friends, I have never regretted a moment in youth theatre.

I am now in my third year of a degree in English and Drama in UCD. I am an extremely active member of their Dramsoc this year as I'm looking to gain valuable experience and meet new people. I didn't have a lot of time for extra activities last year as I was taking part in my first professional show, "Lay Me Down Softly" by Billy Roche, which began in Wexford and went on to Dublin, Galway and London. Those were extremely exciting times and an amazing experience. It was also amazing because i was receiving a pay check! I couldn't believe it, I was a professional!

But after one job, it's all auditions and meetings until the next and you suddenly feel the lack of a pay check. Which i suppose is natural for anyone who has worked temporarily. So I'm on the hunt for a new job (acting wise mind you!). So any auditions I have I will post it here. Any jobs I get I'll post it here. Anything I think I will...ah you get the idea...

Since my run in London finished, I have performed a rehearsed reading for the fringe and I will be doing a very small walk on part in Titanic: Blood and Steel, due to be filmed next week. Super excited about that. I don't think I can tell you any details about the scene or the characters or what I'm doing exactly but I can tell you about how I found my experience.

I hope you enjoy this blog and the many posts to come!!
Stay tuned!

(PS: Yes that is me on the METEOR photograph campaign, you can see it around dublin centre and UCD, I'm Vegas Baby!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment