About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jut another day... Another 9pm phone call?? Jimi hendrix calling!

So, I'm in London. Culling and hanging with the family. My poor grandmother has just been to surgery and had a pacemaker fitted and do that was a bit of a roller coaster for her. But she's home now and doing well (after a small blip yesterday when she was taken to hospital by ambulance due to pains!) but she's home and well (pains probably just due to bruising during surgery says doc). But other than that she's doing well and rocking the world at 84! Go nana!!! (she's my idol!) But anyway, on to the blog post! Last night I got a missed call from a number I did not recognise. I only knew it was a Dublin number. So I called back (abandoning the reasoning that if they really want me they will ring me back... I'll never take that risk!)... And it was Armore studios! They want me for two more days as an extra on the Jimi Hendrix film! Yay!!! So of course I accepted and will be fitted on Friday! So there will be more posts soon about the fitting and the work days. May be one or two work days they said, but definitely there will be one!! Woohoo! Which means.. Money for me! Yay! So happy for that! Because being here in London really takes a bite out of your wallet!! So that's really all the news I can offer at the moment! But let me leave you with a few tips!!: 1. Always answer your phone if you can 2. If you miss a phone call and you know the number or they leave a message then always call back! It could be work! Don't assume they will call again! 3. Apparently, Not all work calls will come in during work/ daytime hours, ie, 9-6. Some, apparently come later! This is the second time I've had a phone call after 6pm! The first time was from the lovely Marie Caffrey to offer me the part of Niamh Keegan in Cuckoo! (I just thought I'd throw that tip in as I naturally assumed all job calls would come during the day! So maybe others thought this too! Well! There you go, apparently not.) And 4. This is important. If you are an extra for anything, if you are in the background, try not to have your face seen! I know it's a lovely thing when you can see yourself in a movie, but some companies use the same people if they are pressed for time or in emergencies. So.. They will go through the film and see if your face is seen, if it is, no more work in that movie for you. If not, then you may be called for another days work or two! I know someone who got two weeks on vexed! Different looks and no real head shots. Ka-Ching!!! X So I hope this was interesting and a little helpful! X thanks for reading! Please follow or comment! X Peach out!

No comments:

Post a Comment