About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Finally: being an extra on the Jimi hendrix film in dublin part 2

Sooo.. I know this a long time coming! oops! sorry! I went to London this week so I guess my mind was a little preoccupied.

I was called for work at 9.30am which I thought was a reasonable call time considering that normally these things could start very early!

I was sent straight up to the lovely Tamzin and Susan (Tamzin dressed me on my day at Titanic Blood and Steel so it was nice to see a familiar face!) And got fitted in my lovely blue fitted high waisted trousers, orange blouse, black stripy shoes, and a cool navy and orange patent leather rain mac! Gorgeous! So then it was down to hair and make up, which was a simple teasing of the back of my hair, middle parting and some hair spray, and also some foundation, mascara and some brown shadow in the crease of my eye. Just an every day normal chick on the town in the evening in the 60's in London.

Then we had to wait..  and wait.. and yes... wait! It wasn't until 12 o'clock that we were brought to set and given some umbrellas! We were greeted by the AD's and one of them (Richie) had worked on Titanic Blood and Steel too so another familiar face!! (I think you're starting to see this industry is extremely small1!) But the weather was horrible!! Really nasty rain and wind!! Ick!!

so basically the whole day consisted of walking up and down the street past a window of a bookshop, while Andre 3000 and Ruth Negga were inside shooting. I did get to see both stars and said hello to Ruth. (she's so friggin lovely and beautiful!)

Then after a while we were sent to the dining bus for shelter, then brought back and did the same thing! (another extra and I even did a little work as stand ins for Ruth and another very beautiful and young actress with I'm guessing indian heritage! she was gorgeous!)

Then we broke for lunch (fish and chips or a hand burger or veggie curry) Lovely! and some coffee cake afterwards! yum yum!

The day was great and the extras that were inside the book shop got to meet Andre as he shook their hand and said thanks. He seemed very lovely and very genuine.. so I was told! I unfortunately never met him but he was very close to me several times! ha!

It was a great days work and I quite enjoyed it.  I must say that it's such a difference from being Cast and being an Extra. Not that there is anything wrong with being an extra, because I loved it!!!

but the only downside was that the weather was rubbish and the umbrellas just kept up-turning because of the bad wind. 3-4 hours in the rain and wind, but I loved it!

I must say, I think it's more because of the bad weather, but the people on the street were very ill tempered because they just wanted to get indoors! We needed to stop them for a few minutes on either side of the road as we were filming and they didn't look very sixties! With their nokias and haversacks and pikachu umbrellas!! ha! But I think they were more unwilling due to the weather. I'd like to think they aren't always that narky... :)

so yes there you are! thats my day!!


oooh... Audition tomorrow!!! Excited! fingers crossed I hope I get it! xx

Thanks for reading!

Peach out!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment