About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Other actors

I recently saw a production of TWO in UCD which had stunning performances by two of the most talented actors I have had the pleasure to see perform. And this made me seriously contemplate my own abilities as an actor. I keep away from the negatives of 'she was so amazing.. Why can't I be like that!' or 'she's a better actress than I am'.... Now, she is. Way better. But that's not negative to me. Because I accept the fact that I am not as talented as others. And she really works hard. The play consists of a multitude of Characters performed by two actors. They each need to portray 6 characters, each with their own accents and personalities. So instead of getting bogged down in the negative 'she's better than me' I focus on how can I learn from her. She is honestly amazing and I draw inspiration from her performance. How can I improve? How can I learn from this? And it's simple. Just keep trying. I work hard and now I'm spurred on to work harder for my dreams and I hope one day I'll see her at the oscars! TWO currently runs in UCD dramsoc theatre from 7pm until Friday. Directed by Eoghan Carrick, starring Benji Waddell and Caitriona Ennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment