About Me

My photo
Welcome to my page! Thank you so much for reading! I'm in my twenties, and this is my little blog about my acting and working experiences! Please enjoy, follow and leave a comment if it interests you! Thanks again for reading!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Simple Cadburys chocolate pot

I made this for my boyfriend and my family as they all love Cadburys chocolate and it was an absolute hit! This recipe is for a basic chocolate pot but you can easily update it and add your own twist to it as you go.

First you will need:
2 cups of Heavy Cream
4 large eggs
4 small bars of Cadburys Dairymilk chocolate
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter


First, chop up the chocolate. This is a tiring task but it will help the chocolate melt faster and ensure that it is all smooth and creamy.
So first you need to heat the heavy cream in a pot just until it bubbles around the edge.
Remove the pot from the heat and add in the chopped chocolate.
Let it stand for 1 minute then stir till smooth.

In another bowl whisk 4 egg yolks, then add about 1/2 cup of the chocolate mix into the eggs. This will make it easier for the eggs to mix in with the chocolate mix and not turn into chocolate scrambled eggs! .. ew...

Anyway, after adding in the 1/2 cup of the chocolate mix to the egg yolks, whisk again until it is all combined.
Scrape the mix into the pot with the rest of the chocolate cream.
Now this is where you can get creative. If you want you can add in 3 tablespoons of orange juice, or substitute this with some rum or orange liquer or mint liquer anything that will give this simple recipe a kick is in your hands. You can also choose to keep this simple as I did and not add anything.

Then add in the butter and stir till smooth. It's best if you cut up the butter into bits as you did with the chocolate for the same reason, it's easier to melt evenly.

Next poiur into 8 ramekins, I personally don't have ramekins so I used some small teacups, you can also use shot glasses or espresso cups. The main thing is that it is small as the dessert is quite rich.

Put these into the fridge for at least 4 hours to set. So i suggest you should do this and leave to set over night. Having said that, you can do it in the morning and leave until after dinner.

This is such a great simple dessert and I and my family just loved it. So i really hope you love this tasty delight as much as we did. Enjoy!

Pheonix


No comments:

Post a Comment